Friday, April 28, 2017

Still here, editing more than translating

Yes, I’m still alive (both in the physical sense and as a translator). A lot of the action (in terms of freelance translators talking to each other) has moved to Facebook, and dangnabbit, it’s a lot easier to post a link on my FB page and participate in FB groups than to compose a blog post.

My business has evolved over recent years, and now I’m doing a lot more editing of English texts written by (mostly) Spanish speakers than actual translation. When I realized I had been working steadily for several months without doing any actual translations, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it. Then I thought about how I do actually enjoy the challenge of doing these texts. Many translators abhor them and don’t want to touch them. So – it’s my specialization!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home